This creamy and comforting chowder is perfect for a chilly day.
yield: SERVES 6
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 45 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
- 1 large head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut flour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans vegetable broth (low sodium is fine)
- 1 1/4 cups Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Original
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (we used white cheddar) or dairy free option
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chopped cauliflower and garlic cloves on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until well coated. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place pan in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, stirring once. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finely chop the roasted garlic cloves. Add the garlic, roasted cauliflower, bay leaf, and dried thyme to the pot. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and stir. Cook until flour disappears.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and stir. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the milk and shredded cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and chowder is creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Ladle chowder into bowls and serve warm.
Thanks to @TwoPeasandTheirPod
Note-if you want the recipe to be gluten-free, use gluten-free flour.