Spoil yourself with this little tasty homemade takeaway mmmmmm!
These flavourful walnut buddha bowls are made with black beans and delicious chilli lime spices. They're great for both packed lunches and quick weeknight dinners!
Course: dinner, lunch
Cuisine: dairy-free, gluten-free, plant-based, vegan, vegetarian
Servings: 2 -3
- 2 cups about 1/2 head chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil plus additional for serving, substitute with oil of choice
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans dried or canned both work, drain/rinse canned beans
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1 teaspoon each chilli powder cumin, and smoked paprika
- 1/2 large lime zest and juice (reserve other half for serving)
- Optional for serving: cooked brown rice prepare dry rice ahead of time or use frozen, sliced jalapeño, diced avocado, dried cherries, sunflower seeds, drizzle of sesame oil, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425ºF and prepare baking sheet for the oven. Toss cauliflower florets with oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl and spread on baking sheet. Place on centRE rack of oven and roast until browned and tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the beans/walnuts. In a mixing bowl (you can use same one used for the cauliflower) combine beans, walnuts, spices and lime and set aside. (You can heat up beans over the stove or in the microwave if desired but I ate them at room temperature)
- Once cauliflower is ready, assemble the bowls. Divide brown rice between bowls and top with bean/walnut mixture and roasted cauliflower. Add jalapeño, avocado, dried cherries, and sunflower seeds if desired, drizzle with sesame oil, and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
Thank you @gratefulgrazer