Looking for a filling and nutritious breakfast but slightly bored with oatmeal?
You’ll love this protein-packed breakfast quinoa! Have fun with toppings!
Yield: 1 SERVING
Total time: 30 MINUTES
Prep time: 5 MINUTES
Cook time: 14 MINUTES
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Bob’s Red Mill chia seed
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Toppings: milk, fruit, sweetener, nuts, coconut, etc
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and water to rapid simmer over medium high heat. Add quinoa, chia seed, and cinnamon, stirring to combine.
- Simmer with cover on over medium-low heat for 12-14 minutes, stirring frequently, or until most of the liquid is absorbed and quinoa tails start to appear.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with desired sweetener, fruit, and milk and enjoy immediately.
Thank you @rachelcooks